1. Verify background of the referee i.e. are they a registered electrical contractor (REC) or a credible referee? This can be done by going to a database of REC's electricianXchange will provide to you.
2. How does the referee know the person (what's the nature of the relationship)?
3. How long did this person work for the referee?
4. Is the person being verified a qualified A Grade Electrician or an Apprentice? Verifying they are an A Grade Electrician will be through the Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) website.
A GRADE ELECTRICIAN LICENSE NUMBER OR APPRENTICE TAFE CONFIRMATION
5. Could you rely on the person being verified to show up on time to work on a regular basis? (Scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is not at all and 10 is each and every time)
6. Could you rely on the person to work independently in a technical capacity for which they'd been employed (either as an Electrician or as an Apprentice) (On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is not at all and 10 is each and every time)
7. Would you consider re-employing this person?
8. Have you ever re-hired this person and if not why?
9. Is there anything about this person someone hiring needs to be aware of?
10. Are you ok with this feedback being shared with a person hiring xxxxxx now? (if they say "no" ask if they'd be ok sharing the feedback without their name being associated.